发布日期：2021-01-19 11:19:59 来源：山东中公考研
Section I Use of English
Read the following text. Choose the best word (s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on the ANSWER SHEET. (10 points)
Fluid intelligence is the type of intelligence that has to do with short-term memory and the ability to think quickly, logically, and abstractly in order to solve new problems. It 1 in young adulthood, levels out for a period of time, and then 2 starts to slowly decline as we age. But 3 aging is inevitable, scientists are finding out that certain changes in brain function may not be.
One study found that muscle loss and the 4 of body fat around the abdomen are associated with a decline in fluid intelligence. This suggests the 5 that lifestyle factors might help prevent or 6 this type of decline.
The researchers looked at data that 7 measurements of lean muscle and abdominal fat from more than 4,000 middle-to-older-aged men and women and 8 that data to reported changes in fluid intelligence over a six-year period. They found that middle-aged people 9 higher measures of abdominal fat 10 worse on measures of fluid intelligence as the years 11 .
For women, the association may be 12 to changes in immunity that resulted from excess abdominal fat; in men, the immune system did not appear to be 13 . It is hoped that future studies could 14 these differences and perhaps lead to different 15 for men and women.
16 , there are steps you can 17 to help reduce abdominal fat and maintain lean muscle mass as you age in order to protect both your physical and mental 18 . The two highly recommended lifestyle approaches are maintaining or increasing your 19 of aerobic exercise and following Mediterranean-style 20 that is high in fiber and eliminates highly processed foods.
1. [A] pauses [B] returns [C] peaks [D] fades
2. [A] alternatively [B]formally [C]accidentally [D] generally
3. [A] while [B] since [C] once [D] until
4. [A] detection [B] accumulation [C] consumption [D] separation
5. [A] possibility [B] decision [C] goal [D] requirement
6. [A] delay [B] ensure [C] seek [D] utilize
7. [A] modified [B] supported [C] included [D] predicted
8. [A] devoted [B] compared [C] converted [D] applied
9. [A] with [B] above [C] by [D] against
10. [A] lived [B] managed [C] scored [D] played
11. [A] ran out [B] set off [C] drew in [D] went by
12. [A] superior [B] attributable [C] parallel [D] resistant
13. [A] restored [B] isolated [C] involved [D] controlled
14. [A] alter [B] spread [C] remove [D] explain
15. [A] compensations [B] symptoms [C] demands [D] treatments
16. [A] Likewise [B] Meanwhile [C] Therefore [D] Instead
17. [A] change [B] watch [C] count [D] take
18. [A] well-being [B] process [C] formation [D] coordination
19. [A] level [B] love [C] knowledge [D] space
20. [A] design [B] routine [C] diet [D] prescription
【解析】逻辑关系题。and then提示顺承，借助slowly decline(慢慢下降)可知，C项peaks(达到最高点)符合原文逻辑关系，即流动智力在成年早期达到峰值，之后很长一段时间趋于稳定，之后随着年龄增长，慢慢下降。本题答案为C项。
【解析】逻辑关系题。观察选项可知，本题考查句内逻辑关系，比较aging is inevitable和scientists are finding out that … may not be可知，inevitable和may not be提示语义相反，即“衰老不可避免”，与“科学家们发现大脑功能的某些变化可能并非不可避免”二者语义相反。A项while(尽管)提示让步，符合原文逻辑关系。本题答案为A项。